LOS ANGELES, CA – 5/30/2016 (PRESS RELEASE JET) — We all know how uncomfortable the summer months can get when temperatures peak. Be sure to be on the lookout for any unusual symptoms your dog may show this summer. Heat stroke is a serious thing and can lead to some serious consequences. As a dog owner, it is your responsibility to know how to protect your dog from heat stroke and what first aid methods to use in case it ever happens.
Using a SilverFido pet car seat covers should help prevent your dog from overheating. However, in the case that the temperature becomes too much for your dog to handle, we reccomend the following:
– Immediately remove your dog from the overheated space and take him or her to a shaded, cool area.
– Soak a few towels in cold water, then place them on your dog’s forehead, back, belly, groin area and under the legs.
– If you have a fan handy, place it near your dog to cool him or her off as fast as possible.
– Do not put ice directly on your dog, as this can lead to blood vessel constriction.
– Make sure your dog gets plenty of fresh water. Heat strokes often cause dehydration, so this is cruicial.
It is also a good idea to visit the vet after any incident to check up on your dog. He or she may seem okay, but sometimes it is difficult to determine whether your dog actually is.
Owners with cars that have black interior or leather need to be especially cautious. Such interior in cars can escalate temperatures tremendously. Car seat covers for dogs will definitely help normalize the temperature, but it is still recommended to take caution.
SilverFido pet car seat covers are the perfect accessory for you and your traveling companion this summer. Not only will you have peace of mind that your dog is comfortable, but your dog will feel better too. As humans, we often forget that species other than ourselves have feelings too, and can experience similar discomfort. That’s why our dog car seat covers provides the ultimate satisfaction and comfort for owners AND dogs alike.
Remember to check out our weekly feature next week for more advice on problems encountered while using pet car seat covers. Since first aid is so important to us, we will be sharing a video on specific methods to use. SilverFido pet car seat covers are always there to help, whether preventing a small mess or preventing a life changing accident, so the next time you travel with you furry companion, make sure your pet car seat cover is installed.